Many people who are victims of crime experience problems in different areas of their life, including their family life. For some of these problems, there may be a legal solution. In our Family Law section, you can find information and resources about the most common family law issues.

Help With Other Needs

For immediate help and to report a crime, call 911.

Looking for information about criminal court? Learn about criminal court basics or talk to a crime victim advocate near you. 

Need help understanding legal terms? Please see the NY Court Help Glossary.

Need help paying for food, housing utilities, or child care? Do you need help with healthcare, disability, vocational or other services? Visit or visit the NYS Social Programs website.

Visit the Hotlines page for national and New York State resources.


Back to top